Who we are
At Onboard Norway AS we are conscious about keeping your personal data secure. We are transparent about what type of data we collect and how it is used. This policy explains in plain terms what data we collect, how we collect it and what it is used for. We will only use your data in ways that we state and not for anything else. This policy also sets out your rights in relation to our handling of your data.
We abide by all relevant laws and regulations regarding data storage, this statement is written in line with the Data Protection Regulation Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) “GDPR”.
This policy states the following:
• What personal data we collect
• How we obtain personal data about you
• How we use your personal data
• Who we share your personal data with
• How long we keep your personal data
• Data security
• Data regarding children
• Transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area EEA
• Your legal rights in relation to your data
What personal data we collect
We may hold both personal information and sensitive data. Personal data refers to any information that can be used to identify you. This includes, name, address, location, phone number, email address, spouse and children’s names and dates of birth, passport information, date of birth, national id number.
Sensitive data refers to information of a more personal nature, including racial or ethnic origin, health-related information, trade-union membership, religious beliefs, political opinions or genetic data. We will only collect this type of data if there is a determined need for us to have this information to provide you with necessary support. We will make it clear to you before we collect this information how this data will be used.
How we obtain personal data about you
We obtain data about you through:
• Personal meetings
• Forms you fill out either online or in person
• Correspondence through email, text, skype, phone calls, social media
• Website tracking tools, this is anonymous
How we use your personal data
We only use your personal information to assist our business help you and your family with your relocation to Norway. This means using your data to:
• Provide you with home finding and setting up a lease
• Assist during the immigration process to Norway and apply for work and residency permits
• Register with the police and local authorities in Norway
• Send you newsletter about events in Trondheim and social events arranged by us
• Better our online products and services, and to simplify our website process
Who we share your personal data with
We only share your personal information with organisations and individual’s essential to the immigration and relocation services we provide. This includes:
• Internally – our relocation team and those we employ on contract basis, such as Norwegian teachers.
• Norwegian government departments or regulators – such as, Norwegian police, the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI), National Registry and Tax Office
• Professional parties – such as, your new employer, their HR department, banking institutions.
• Other external agents – such as, property brokers, home owners, school or kindergartens, or other parties essential to your relocation.
We do not permit your information to be used or shared by these parties for any other purpose than that which is clearly necessary for your relocation.
How long we keep your personal data
We only keep personal data for as long as it is essential to our purposes to help you with your relocation. Any sensitive data is immediately deleted by us once its purpose has been fulfilled. Information we gather is periodically reviewed, any information no longer necessary to our operations is removed. We may keep anonymous data on a longer term for performance reviews, statistics and analysis, for this purpose all information that could identify you personally in any way is removed.
There are security measures in place to protect your personal information against unlawful and unauthorised processing of your data. We also have measures in place to protect against accidental loss, destruction or damage of personal information. We limit and only transmit data about you when it is necessary and only to third parties who require this information for the purposes of your relocation. This is done in strict confidentiality. All measures are taken to secure your data online, be aware we cannot ensure the safety of data and information as it is being transmitted to us, please ensure any data is being transmitted by a trusted third party.
Data regarding children
Information we process regarding children under your care is done so only with your explicit consent. This information, including the child’s name and age, is only used and, in some cases, is required for processes such as immigration, school finding and home/rental finding.
Transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area EEA
We do not store any personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). All data we collect is only transmitted to organisations within Norway / EEA. If in the future we transfer data outside of EEA we will ensure this third party complies with safeguards and conditions set out by the standards outlined by the European Commission. If your data is transferred outside of the EEA you will be informed.
Your legal rights in relation to your data
There are a number of rights that you have in relation to your data.
• The right to see the data we have stored about you at any time
• For us to delete any personal data we hold about you that is no longer essential to our operations
• The right to have your data transferred to another organisation
• The right to withdraw consent to use your information for our services such as email newsletter
• You have the right to be informed if any breach of security occurs
• The right to have any data changed and updated that is incorrect or out of date
We only process data that you give us consent to process. Be advised that without this consent and the use of certain personal data, we are unable to provide you with services that we offer.
To exercise any of these rights stated here or that are afforded under law, please contact Ellen Hoprekstad, CEO, Onboard Norway AS, Nordre gate 11, 7011 Trondheim, Norway. By phone: +47 92480635, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
These cookies are used by us to find information such as the generalised location of visitors to our site, where they navigate in our site, what buttons they click on and so on. This helps us to better improve our website layout and design and provides us with information about our brands reach inside and outside of Norway.
To discuss any further points related to this policy, please contact Ellen Hoprekstad, CEO, Onboard Norway, Nordre gate 11, 7011 Trondheim, Norway. By phone: +47 92480635, or by email: email@example.com